Staying ahead of the change curve to maintain your advantage
The rate of change in technology is gaining speed and it’s critical for businesses to stay ahead but anticipating tech disruptions in enough time to exploit them can be a challenge in itself especially when delivering transformation on a tight budget and being prepared for the next big thing on the horizon.
What is a vCTO?
The vCTO has a proven track record to communicate at board level, as well as throughout organisations on any technical issue from overall IT strategy to day to day business and managing in-house or outsourced IT teams to ensure business objectives are delivered.
A vCTO enables businesses to achieve enterprise-level objectives by getting the best out of existing technologies and integrating new technologies to go beyond just optimising IT performance.
What are the responsibilities of a vCTO?
- Strategic and independent technology audits and reviews
- Develop an overall business and IT strategy
- Deliver a structured digital transformation plan that aligns with the overall business and IT strategy
- Ensured projects are delivered within agreed timescales and budgets
- Take a solution-led approach to any issues arising during each project lifecycle
- Taken full ownership of IT budget to ensure cost optimisation for every technology
- Report to senior leadership on progress, monitoring and any issues and risks pre, during and post projects
- Help manage internal IT teams to ensure BAU activities align with the overall focus
How does our vCTO work?
Years of experience
The Conosco consultative approach is to develop a high-trust partnership with your organisation to allow us to build a deep understanding of your infrastructure and the kind of support you need. By using an industry-experienced CTO, our clients take advantage of the vast knowledge and accomplishments built from years of working across multiple sectors and disciplines.
Our vCTO service covers technology, infrastructure, unified communications, cloud, data centre, applications, programme management and procurement.
Here are just some of the things we can manage:
- Business & IT Strategy
- Robust disaster planning
- Cost optimisation and reduction
- Stay ahead of change
Conosco’s contribution to our fundamental digital transformation has been invaluable. The Virtual CTO model worked perfectly, providing internal leadership and direction and the ability to inject the right skills, at the right time, to ensure the success of our digital transformationDavid L. Stern , CEO, Crabtree & Evelyn