Croydon Churches Housing Association (CCHA) is a community housing association which manages over 1000 homes across 3 London boroughs; Croydon, Sutton and Bromley. From social housing to shared ownerships, CCHA is focused on creating a positive impact in the local communities in which it works and ensuring residents feel happy and safe in their homes.
The Challenge: Outdated IT infrastructure impacting employee productivity
Any issues with technology will often have a knock-on effect on employee productivity and ultimately customer service. With a variety of outdated systems and a heavily bloated IT infrastructure, CCHA found themselves facing a significant amount of downtime and a lack of confidence in the security of their processes and systems.
CCHA were looking for a partner that would:
- Take responsibility for an IT Infrastructure transformation project
- Migrate legacy infrastructure to the cloud
- Support future business growth and development
- Increase IT user satisfaction across the organisation
- Provide a holistic approach to security
- Support increased mobile working efforts
- Provide an IT Managed Service and support all systems, software and devices
The Solution: Digital Workplace Transformation
Conosco provided consultancy and worked closely with CCHA’s team to ensure that the recommended solution aligned with the business’ needs, motivations and vision for the future.
Following an audit and analysis of the current infrastructure Conosco felt strongly that a migration to the cloud would be the most cost effective and efficient course of action. Migrating the environment away from hosted servers towards scalable cloud-based virtual machines in Azure, allowed CCHA to flex the specifications of their servers based on current need and utilisation and thereby drastically reduce running costs and ongoing support, maintenance, and hardware replacement expenditure. The use of Azure also allowed for data and backups to be hosted within the UK whilst still providing a robust and resilient data recovery approach bolstered by Conosco’s own value-add security and business continuity services.
From strategy and design to project management, migration and training, regular meetings ensured CCHAs objectives and goals were met and minimal disruption occurred.
The solution included:
- Cloud Migration
- Digital Workplace Transformation
- Microsoft Azure and Office 365 solutions
- Business Productivity and Collaboration
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Cyber and Information Security
- 24/7/365 IT Managed Services