Our client is a private reinsurance company recognised worldwide as leaders in the disaster risk financing arena. They selected Conosco to deliver IT support, projects, and security solutions. As the chosen supplier Conosco also focussed on providing remote working for employees without compromising on data security, system integrity or inordinately increasing IT spend.
The Challenge: An enabled and secure workforce
The client was looking for a trusted Managed Service partner and a specialist resource to deliver management, monitoring and optimisation of the IT infrastructure. With a desire to exploit new technology to provide a flexible and improved working environment for its employees, they invited several MSPs to respond to a tender.
The solution needed to fulfil the following objectives:
- Enable employees to remain connected to business systems using mobile devices.
- Deliver a secure environment for its data using MFA and policy-based access controls.
- Minimise any service disruption by providing proactive monitoring and reliable end-user support.
Operating in a highly regulated environment, they needed to work with a provider that demonstrated the ability, capacity and authorisation required by law to perform IT services and cooperate with regulators such as the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
The successful partner also needed to strategically improve IT to meet future business requirements.
The Solution: Building a secure and flexible infrastructure
Conosco works with a variety of Financial Services clients and understands the unique challenges they face as well as the expertise and infrastructure needed to meet the demands of the sector. Our consultative approach enabled us to understand the clients’ business, its people, processes, and the technical issues they were facing.
Conosco operates as the main point of contact for all end-user support and manages third-party applications and contracts. By allowing Conosco to take ownership of the IT environment, the client benefits from increased productivity with more time to focus on the growth strategy. They also have the expertise and resources in Conosco to allow them to quickly scale the business.
By engaging with key stakeholders, Conosco identified areas for development and worked with the client’s team to define a solution that would improve the infrastructure and empower its employees to work remotely whilst ensuring high levels of security.
In addition to Conosco’s 24/7/365 IT Support, the client also utilises the expertise of our Security Operations Centre (SOC). Given the nature of its specialism within the insurance sector, they are more susceptible to cyber attacks, therefore data security and risk management are of paramount importance. Our experienced Security Analysts are a reliable resource for all security queries as well as monitoring, detection and mitigation of risk.
Outcomes: An alignment of vision
Partnership is at the heart of our relationship. Our alignment of vision and our way of working is collaborative and based on openness and transparency.
Conosco has delivered the following outcomes:
- Proactive managed support services to minimise downtime and deliver fast end-user support.
- Complete management of third party contracts
- Access to skilled and experienced IT experts to support key decision-makers to define the technical direction of the business.
- A secure corporate network enabling employees to use tools of their choice and work flexibly, in the office or on the move.
- Robust security to reduce the risk of external threats and prevent data breaches by keeping local data to a minimum and negating unauthorised data transmissions.
- Strong authentication and policy-based access control.
- Skilled Security Analysts and a Security Operations Centre (SOC) which provides guidance and advice as well as proactive monitoring and remediation.