We’re Hiring: Technical Account Manager
Technical Account Manager
Reporting to: Director of Technology
We are growing Conosco’s Advantage division through the hiring of eager and motivated Technical Account Managers (TAM.)
Do you have a passion for technology and consider yourself to be a subject matter expert in your field? Are you interested in developing a personal track record of delivering strategy-led technology transformation, solutions and managing implementations for SMEs and mid-market enterprises?
We are looking to meet with experienced technologists who are seeking a new and interesting career step to gain valuable personal career experience and development whilst helping Conosco grow a rapidly expanding division.
The Conosco Advantage division represents the voice of the customer within Conosco and works to champion and advocate their requirements to ensure their requirements are delivered to excellent levels of quality and efficiency. The TAM is a vital part of that service, representing not only the client to Conosco, but also Conosco to the client. S/he brings together the wealth of Conosco’s technology expertise in the ways that create the most value for our clients. Based in Conosco’s London office, you will act as the virtual head of IT to a number of clients and serve as their primary point of contact for both operational and strategic needs. Like any head of IT, you will have a wealth of expertise to call on, which is the collective expertise of our team in Conosco.
For some clients, this may mean acting as the central point for operational technology support, with our managed services team available to you to resolve client issues. For others, in addition, you may be their primary port of call for developing and implementing their technology direction, which you can do under the guidance of our Principal Consultants if needed.
A strong TAM is someone aspiring to be a future technology leader and understands the power that an expert-led technology partnership can bring to clients. As a technical ‘people person’ your engagement with our clients will see you own and help to articulate the value that Digital Transformation can provide to their businesses.
If you are energised by working within a fast-paced technology company where learning and growing are key values and are excited by the prospect of partnering with interesting clients in order to analyse their business objectives, workflows and platforms – then we’d love to meet you.
- A desire to grow your own career alongside that of your teammates.
- A natural ability to maintain excellent client relationships.
- A value-led approach, with a relentless drive to find ways to create value for clients.
- Successful background in software engineering and/or infrastructure.
- Understanding of why multi-environment estates are important.
- Certified to a high-level in public cloud offerings (at least one of MS Azure, AWS, GCP).
- Either held a client facing role within, or close proximity and engagement to Digital Product teams or CTO.
- Understanding and experience of how legacy IT, Infrastructure, Platform, SaaS and DevOps disciplines can be used to effectively modernise businesses.
- Comfortable in challenging legacy ways of working, and articulating how a modern, digital-first approach can provide competitive advantage to businesses.
- Evidence of having worked as part of a technology team that you helped to modernise to support the needs of a demanding business.
- An ability for creative thinking and seeking innovative solutions to complex technical and business problems while avoiding ‘group think’.
In addition, experience in any of the following areas would be useful:
- Transformation – Have scoped, designed and overseen the design and delivery of technical projects that required significant change and stakeholder management.
- Experience working within a senior technical role for medium+ technology departments within mid-market+ businesses.
- Demonstrable experience in leading major system replacement/upgrade projects.
- Leading cross-functional technology teams.
- Recognising and developing new business opportunities.
- First port of call (Conosco office-based) for clients on all their technology needs and opportunities. Call on other parts of the Conosco team if required and as relevant to fulfil the client need.
- Work within Conosco’s Advantage and Professional Services teams to promote and identify technology opportunities that mitigate business risks or realise business value, leading to the scoping of future improvements within your existing customer estates.
- Carry out business analysis with a dedicated portfolio of Conosco clients on a regular basis that is well governed and documented.
- Support Conosco’s Business Development team to identify risks and potential improvements relating to prospective client engagements.
- Working alongside a Principal Consultant, author strategic documents, proposals and aligned roadmaps and budgets that are then sold to the client through ongoing consultative engagement.
- Consult, advise and own the delivery of high value / impact solutions to clients.
- Bring relevant subject matter expertise to clients.
- Help with internal product and service development.
Interested? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.