We’re Hiring: Security Engineer
Reporting to: Information Security Manager
Location: South Africa
The Security Engineer is responsible for providing SOC based monitoring and incident investigation/response for clients, as well as supporting internal infrastructure and security requirements. The role is office based, and shift work may be required.
- Provide assurance that all security related alerts are triaged effectively, and support any subsequent investigations.
- Firewall change management, and a variety of auditing tasks, to ensure all security controls and processes are configured and operating correctly.
- Conduct operational monitoring of network security technologies and enable rapid detection, investigation and response to malicious activity.
- Assist in developing an optimised SIEM environment, through the analysis of alerts and potential threats, and proposing improvements.
- Participate in the information security incident response/management process which encompasses triage, investigation (including log and malware analysis), response and mitigation.
- Support the undertaking of regular vulnerability tests of infrastructure and applications across ours and our client’s estates, and ensuring the relevant findings are recorded and fixed.
- Support the team in ensuring security tools are implemented correctly and that the organisation’s corporate security policies and operational procedures are followed appropriately.
- Strong analytical and investigation skills.
- A good understanding of tools and techniques used by ethical hackers including vulnerability testing tools and methodologies.
- A good understanding of commonly used information security tools and concepts (including Intrusion Detection, Data Loss Prevention and Vulnerability Scanning).
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications
- Experience in a Security Operations team.
- Understanding of SIEM technologies, (eg Splunk, LogRhythm etc.).
- Ability to participate in technical conversations with various technical support groups.
To Apply: Email CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.