We’re Hiring: Head of Business Development
Head of Business Development
Reporting to: CEO
Conosco is a recognised leader in the Technology Support and Consulting industry in London. The firm was established in 2002 and has since expanded with offices in London and South Africa. The company is in private ownership with an ambition to grow and expand over the next years.
Conosco enjoys one of the highest employee (88%) and client retention rates (90%) in the industry. This is underpinned by the fact that significant new client-wins have been referrals by existing clients. Conosco is relentlessly customer focused and will always advise on what’s right for the client.
We are looking for a creative, energetic and high-performing Head of Business Development who can thrive in an ambitious leadership team.
The candidate will be execution-driven and performance-focused with an ability to think strategically. The Head of Business Development will be in charge of the sales-strategy which needs to be in sync with the rest of the organisation, most importantly the marketing team. The candidate will be crucial in shaping the commercial future of Conosco. We’re looking for an independent thinker who is not afraid of addressing uncomfortable topics whilst operating in a transparent and supportive manner.
Roles and Responsibilities
- We expect the ideal candidate to:
- Take full ownership of Business Development at Conosco
- Agree on targets with the CEO and the leadership team and to develop a plan of action for achieving these.
- Lead from the front: be an active prospector
- Develop specific solutions for verticals by analysing customer potential and markets
- Help and challenge prospects to find the best technology solution
- Make full use of Conosco’s network by developing strong relationships with existing and future clients
- Explore new BD avenues such as partnerships
- Establish processes for reporting BD activities, progress and results
- Work closely with the marketing team
- Sell and scale new products and services
- Understand and identify client and prospect needs
- Tailor solutions and sales activities to customer demographics
- Maintain a high level of activity
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Create and generate your own leads
- Present Conosco’s portfolio of services and solutions to prospects
- Prepare proposals
- Respond to RFPs/Tenders in a timely and highly accurate manner
- Build long-term trust-based relationships with clients
- Keep up-to-date with new products and services
- Report on sales results and activities
- Excellent communication and IT skills
- Empathy and confidence to manage client stakeholders across all hierarchy levels
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and to keep to strict deadlines
- Strong sales and negotiation techniques
- Skilled at prioritising and triaging obligations
- Excellent time management and organisation
- Attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial flair
- IT fluency – especially from an MSP services perspective
- Proven business development track record
- Personable and strong relationship builder
- Target-driven personality
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to ask great questions
- Listens and understands
- Independent work ethic
Interested? Please email us on email@example.com.