Malta Tourism Authority
The Malta Tourism Authority (MTA) is tasked with marketing of the country of Malta internationally, along with conducting a regulatory tourism role. The MTA is the tourism industry’s regulator and motivator, its business partner, the country’s brand promoter, and exists to form, maintain and manage meaningful partnerships with all tourism stakeholders.
- Organisation looking for an IT Support company able to provide a high level of service, who are proactive and able to advise on IT strategy based on understanding the real needs of the business now and in the future.
- Experienced poor service from an incumbent provider
- Strategic IT advice to give the business a firm foundation for growth
- Proactive, all-inclusive IT support onsite and remote IT management
- Simple, value for money pricing structure for unlimited support
- MTA have peace of mind knowing that their IT infrastructure and, most importantly, their IT support is working for their business, not against it
What MTA Say About Conosco
“Our IT is very important to our organisation, since we can’t operate or communicate if our systems are down. We chose Conosco for all our IT needs because they were extremely efficient, their price was reasonable and they had great IT knowledge.We would definitely recommend Conosco to other businesses! We have never experienced such good and efficient service. Now that we are with Conosco, we have a happy team!” – Vanessa Sammut, Finance Manager
How we did it
“Price is what you pay. Value is what you get” – Warren Buffet
MTA and Conosco first engaged in 2014, when the organisation decided that it would benefit from outsourced IT management. MTA liked what Conosco proposed, but decided to go for an outsourced IT company which provided a cheaper quote.
Conosco were pleased to hear from MTA two years later, when we were approached to provide an IT support quote. The incumbent IT company’s service levels were not meeting expectations, and MTA were on the lookout for a new provider.
MTA had learnt from past mistakes. They looked beyond making a decision based purely on price and we were happy to be appointed as their new (and improved) IT support provider in 2016.
Although the head office IT server and connectivity infrastructure had been updated by the incumbent, the Conosco IT audit (that we undertake for every new client) revealed that the main file server was nearly out of manufacturer warranty and needed to be upgraded for proper hardware support.
In addition, backup on the server was made locally, which meant that the business was without an effective disaster recovery (DR) and business continuity (BC) solution to enable restoration on the server in the event of a disaster affecting the office. Conosco implemented a resilient new backup solution with an offsite copy to provide an effective DR/BC solution; and set up Storagecraft backups of the MTA server.
Unlimited IT Support
Now, MTA have the support they need to work efficiently towards their goals. For day-to-day issues faced by employees the first point of contact is the Conosco helpdesk, which provides a guaranteed 30 minute response time within office hours. The team of engineers are able to save over 90% of problems remotely, which allows for quick resolution so that the affected party can get back to work.
Monitoring and maintenance
Arguably the most important part of Conosco’s service, we installed predictive monitoring software on all MTAs PCs and other core network devices to assist in providing proactive support. This means that we keep a constant vigil on a wide variety of metrics across the MTA network and we are able to quickly see problem relating to specific hardware, users or services. When a potential problem is picked up, we’re often able to fix it before it affects any of the users.
Set up for success
With the right, resilient infrastructure in place along with unlimited IT support, MTA have peace of mind knowing that their IT system is constantly monitored to rectify any issues before they impact the business, and that engineers are on hand instantly for day-to-day queries and problems. In case of an unforeseen disaster, the server is backed up so that data can be recovered and disruption is minimised.
Along with this, our team consistently exceeds expectations:
- “I have noticed the difference since Conosco came on board and I’m very, very happy. We’ve had very fast responses on tickets and everyone is polite.” The help desk team go over and above. They always ask if we are happy with the resolution before they close the ticket.
- “Simon’s proactiveness instills a lot of confidence that Conosco has our needs in mind.”
- “I can see how different your services are.”