GDPR: Is your business prepared?
The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force on 25 May 2018. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a new EU regulation designed to modernise data protection legislation. Under the GDPR, new requirements will apply to the retention and processing (and consent thereof) of personally identifiable information (PII).
Does it apply to me?
- All organisations that process the PII of EU residents will need to be compliant
- PII refers not only to consumer data, but that of your staff too
- Regardless of Brexit, UK organisations handling personal data will still need to comply
Why is it important to comply?
Fines for non-compliance can be up to €20 million or 4% of annual global turnover. Aside from potential fines, non-compliant businesses will also be more susceptible to breach, reputational
damage and other risks.
What can I do to prepare?
As a leading technology company, Conosco support the end-goal of GDPR and the good that it will ultimately bring your businesses.
As part of our Conosco Advantage consultancy service, we have put together a package to help your business prepare for the GDPR. We will help you navigate the process strategically and systematically, ensuring that your business is ready come 25 May 2018.
How we can help:
- Facilitate an understanding of the DPA and the GDPR across your organisation
- Understand if your technology, processes and procedures are effective in complying with GDPR requirements
Strategy and Remediation Support:
- Assess privacy risks according to business objectives
- Build a roadmap
- Assist in all aspects of remediation and compliance with the DPA and GDPR
Contact us to find out more about our GDPR package options. Hurry, there’s not much time left!